How Dedicated Hosting Works?
A Dedicated Server is an extremely powerful hosting type that allows its user to have full control over the hardware and the software of the server. Renting a dedicated server can be very costly and requires a high level of knowledge to maintain it.
How Dedicated Server can be useful?
Dedicated servers have lots of use,
- From hosting complex online applications trough to hosting high traffic websites that require a high level of security to payment processing.
- Beside the standard plans that are offered by various hosting providers, the user can customize its server by choosing CPU type, amount of RAM and storage, install operating system and other custom software as well.
- A dedicated server is mostly used by larger companies who store clients personal and financial data, therefore these servers have to be located in a highly secured environment to protect all these sensitive information from both online and offline intruders.
- A dedicated server can also host multiple website; on top of that it can be partitioned to create multiple virtual accounts as well.
Here is a list of the primary features that a Dedicated Hosting plan should have:
- Should use latest hardware technology to ensure the best performance
- Should be located in a highly secured and monitored data center
- Should offer 99.99% guaranteed uptime and online support
- Should offer option for managed or unmanaged hosting
- Should work with multiple bandwidth providers