How to generate CSR file for SSL Certificate
Please follow the instructions below to generate the CSR code in your cPanel hosting account :
- Log into your cPanel account
- Locate and click on SSL/TLS Manager in the Security section:
- Click on Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests under the Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) menu:
- On the next page, locate the option titled Generate a New Certificate Signing Request (CSR). If you select “Generate a New 2048-bit key”, a completely new Private Key will be generated. If the private key was generated separately, please select it from the drop-down.
- Enter the following information for the CSR code that will be submitted to the Certificate Authority. Please use only alphanumeric characters when filling in the details.
- Click on the Generate button
- The next page will show the newly generated CSR code. You can now use the Encoded Certificate Signing Request to activate the certificate purchased with Namecheap or any other certificate provider. Please include —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and —–END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– when submitting the CSR code for SSL activation.
- Submit CSR via support ticket from your client area
Note: One you submit CSR file to our support team they check the CSR and submit to the certificate authority. You will receive email for domain verification, file to upload in your hosting account or DNS record to be updated for the domain verification. Once this all process completed you will get your certificate in your registered email account.