Linux VPS V/S Windows VPS Hosting service
- Linux VPS Comparing the prices of the two operating systems, Linux is the cheaper option, as it’s free and open source, while Windows requires an operating system license. Therefore, most Linux server applications are also free.Linux offers more flexibility when it comes to control panels. While Plesk can be used for both Windows and Linux VPS, only cPanel is compatible with Linux. This alone makes Linux a popular choice among business and developers.
Because of open source, Linux is notoriously tough on malware and viruses. Windows, on the other hand, will require you to install a plethora of security software to combat SQL attacks and script kiddies.
- Reliability– More Reliable.
- Uptime– 100% uptime guarantee.
- Popular Tech Support– You can utilize completely high technology which Linux supports like LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP).
- Diverse Database Support– Comprises of diverse databases that run on Linux with most popular providers of web hosting – MySQL and Postgre SQL.
- All time affordable– Being an open source type of OS there’s no licensing cost to web hosts.
- Working with Other Programming Languages– Works hassle free with other open source programming languages – PHP for example as well as open source applications.
- cPanel– Works smoothly with cPanel.
- Windows VPS The main advantage of the Windows VPS hosting option is the easy and comfortable interface. For VPS novices, Windows will be helpful, especially if you are familiar with Windows products.If your business largely depends on Microsoft software, a Windows VPS would be a match made in hosting heaven. Websites built with the ASP.NET framework work require a Windows VPS for optimal performance.
Lastly, remote desktop access is an advantage Windows has over Linux. You can direct access from anywhere to your VPS server from your interface. This makes server management simpler and easier than Linux, which requires a text-based Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.
- Reliability– Less Reliable.
- Uptime– Can’t permit 100% uptime.
- Windows Tech Support– Supports .Net technologies such as ASP.NET, VB.NET, etc.
- Unique Windows Database Support– If you need to make use of Microsoft Access or MS SQL database then Windows is the only platform.
- Expensive–Being a commercial system owned by Microsoft it’s more expensive than Linux.
- Working with Other Programming Languages– Isn’t stronger as Linux when it comes to integrating with open source programming languages.
- cPanel– Doesn’t work with cPanel control panel.