VPS vs Dedicated Server
VPS is a complete server given to your websites or application, unchanged by the usage of other websites. It may also be a physical server or colocation servers. You ultimately own a server and are responsible for the damage or failure.
It’s like living in your own villa or property of your own without the disturbance of any other houses. You can construct according to your needs with all the facilities you need. Any repairs inside a villa have to be done by you.
VPS Hosting is an intermediate hosting solution between shared and dedicated. In the VPS hosting environment, several virtual servers are created on a single bare metal dedicated server and each of which acts as a unique web virtual server. Actually, a Virtual Private Server (VPS) is less expensive as compared to a bare-metal dedicated server but gives better service than shared web hosting.
Suppose if you are using a shared hosting service for your website where you have very little traffic and suddenly you start getting very high traffic to your website this is the time to shift to VPS hosting. In VPS hosting you get a lot of control over your servers. Where you can change according to your need. VPS hosting gives you high stability as activities that will not affect your performance. Low cost VPS hosting gives you a lot of reliability and growth for your business.
Bare Metal Dedicated Server Hosting:
A Dedicated Server is a server that’s completely dedicated to yourself. it’s also referred to as a ‘bare-metal server which features a single ‘tenant’. The resources aren’t shared between customers. A dedicated server is a good selection once you get to run complex web applications, websites with tons of traffic, software with great databases.
Generally, dedicated hosting is mostly referred to those websites that have a huge amount of traffic or require a large number of resources or more security. For example, e-commerce online stores, gaming websites, video streaming, and other sites and applications consume a large number of resources.
Why Choose VPS over Dedicated Server or Shared Hosting?
1. Dedicated Resources: With a VPS Server, you have a predefined quantity of RAM, CPU cores usable to you whenever you require it. In reverse to shared web hosting, where there could be others sharing your server that could pick up the RAM when you need it most!
2. Price: While a dedicated server is a big financial and technical investment, VPS is comparatively less expensive and comes with fully managed support options, and does not require intensive support levels. Nowadays popular control panels such as cPanel, Plesk have very economical price models for VPS / Cloud servers. Whereas in bare metal server price seems expensive.
3. Scalability: If you discover your business is growing, you’ll quickly scale resources by posing for more storage and memory from your hosting provider. Dedicated server Hosting harder to scale a fanatical physical server as it’s already big to start out with.
4. Customization: Since you have your OS, by a VPS, you can customize it to your requirements. For instance, if you have your instances of server credentials from PHP, to MySQL, Apache, you can customize them so that the server meets your needs.
5. Security: VPS hosting can provide better privacy and security. As the operating systems are not shared with other websites, no other person has got access to the files. VPS also comes with a Private / Dedicated IP which is private to your website only whereas a shared web hosting IP address is shared amongst the hosted users.
Why Cantech Networks for VPS?
There are hundreds of web hosting service providers in the business today. That’s why getting the right web hosting plan for your site can be such a tough decision. Unlike other web-hosting providers, Cantech Networks uses KVM technology for VPS virtualization. There are no noisy hosters with Cantech Networks which gives a powerful performance, high page loading speed, All our VPS nodes powered by Dell, HP, Supermicro server hardware and Enterprise SSD drives with Hardware RAID – Disk mirroring configurations. Cantech Networks servers achieve 99.99% uptime at available server regions. We also help start-ups or beginners to scale up with VPS hosting solutions like Initial VPS setup with control panel, DNS configuration, data migration assistance at no further cost.